For a video guide on how to use Xeno3Pixel, please click here
This video here demonstrates how to remove the SD card.
To charge the saber:
Use only the charging cable/battery charger provided. You will need to utilise an AC adapter rated at 5V and no more than 2Amps of output. Plug in the charging cable provided and you’ll hear the charger sound out the word “charging”. If there is a switch with an LED on it, this LED will pulse during charging. When charging is complete, the saber will sound out the word “ready”.
If the saber comes with a removable battery and seperate battery charger, the LED on the charger will be red during charging, and green when complete. Blue indicates the battery is either not making good contact with the pins in the charger, or the battery has failed.
(Do not use smart chargers as many of them switch voltages and can damage the electronics of your saber. any use of charging equipment above the specifications above can cause catastrophic damage to the electronics in the saber. never use the saber while it’s plugged into the charger)
To wake the saber from sleep mode:
Hold down power button for 2 seconds. A sound will play, and the light ring around the power button will illuminate. The saber is now “awake”.
Awake mode operation:
1. Pressing the power button will turn the blade on and activate sounds and effects (if no sound, the saber is likely in “mute mode” – see details below)
2. Holding the button down briefly (the light around the button will flash once) will cycle the saber through volume effects.You will hear a vocal confirmation each time you do this (“volume high, volume low, mute”)
3. Holding the button down slightly longer (the light around the button will flash twice) will cycle the saber through
different blade effects. Once again, you will hear a vocal confirmation (“pulse, rainbow blade, unstable, fire blade, steady,”)
4. Holding the button down slightly longer again (the light around the button will flash three times) will cycle the saber
through different blade MODES and preon effects. Once again, you will hear a vocal confirmation such as “broken igntion, phaser ignition, warp ignition, standard mode”. Please be aware the saber will repeat “broken ignition” in place of modes such as velocity, ghost and blaster blade if they are disabled in the config.ini file on the SD card.
Please take note that some people are sensitive to bright and flashing lights. Always be aware of who is around you when you are using your saber, and whether they are photosensitive
5.Holding down the button longer than this will cycle through the various soundfonts. There are 30+ soundfonts, and each time the saber cycles you will hear a vocal confirmation (unless the saber is muted)
6. Holding the button for 10 seconds will put the saber into sleep mode. If the saber sits idle for 10 minutes it will
automatically enter sleep mode.
1. By default, swing ignition is turned on in the config. Swing the saber quickly to ignite (can be disabled in config.ini)
2. Holding the blade upwards and twisting clockwise will activate the blade (can be deactivated in config.ini)
3. Holding the blade downwards and twisting anti clockwise will cycle soundfonts
4. Holding the blade downwards and twisting clockwise will activate the blade
5. Holding the blade level and thrusting the saber forward will ignite the saber (can be disabled in config.ini)
6. Holding the blade level and suddenly pulling towards yourself and then forwards will turn the blade off.
Please note that almost all gestures can be enabled and disabled via the config.ini file in the “set” folder on the sd card
When the blade is lit, the power button operates in the following way:
1. Tap – blaster deflection
2. Hold the button for approximately 0.5 second, button LED flashes once, then release = Saber blade “tip drag effect” (must set correct blade length in the config file)
3. Hold the button for approximately 1 second, button LED flashes twice, then release to cycle blade colors. Once a desired
color is reached, tap the button again to set the color
4. Holding the button for approximately 1.5 seconds powers off the blade.
5. Hold the button and clash the saber to make it “lockup” the blade. Tap again to release the lock.