For an instructional/demo video of what Xeno3 RGB can do, click here
To charge the saber:
Use only the charging cable/battery charger provided. You will need to utilise an AC adapter rated at 5V and no more than 2Amps of output. Plug in the charging cable provided and you’ll hear the charger sound out the word “charging”. If there is a switch with an LED on it, this LED will pulse during charging. When charging is complete, the saber will sound out the word “ready”.
If the saber comes with a removable battery and separate battery charger, the LED on the charger will be red during charging, and green when complete. Blue indicates the battery is either not making good contact with the pins in the charger, or the battery has failed.
(Do not use smart chargers as many of them switch voltages and can damage the electronics of your saber. any use of charging equipment above the specifications above can cause catastrophic damage to the electronics in the saber. never use the saber while it’s plugged into the charger)
To wake the saber from sleep mode:
Hold down power button for 2 seconds. A sound will play “Power On” and the light ring around the power button will illuminate (please note some sabers do not have switches like this, and will have no visible light around the button). The saber is now “awake”.
Awake mode operation:
1. Pressing the power button will turn the blade on and activate sounds and effects (if no sound, the saber is likely in “mute mode” – see details below)
2. Holding the button down briefly (the light around the button will flash once) will cycle the saber through volume effects.You will hear a vocal confirmation each time you do this (“volume high, volume low, mute”)
3. Holding the button down slightly longer (the light around the button will flash twice) will cycle the saber through
different blade effects. Once again, you will hear a vocal confirmation (“pulse, steady, unstable”)
4. Holding the button down slightly longer again (the light around the button will flash three times) will cycle the saber
through different blade MODES and preon effects, however these are very limited on RGB sabers and can only be activated via adding an SD card and enabling them in the config (contact us for the default files – please include your order number when doing so).
Please take note that some people are sensitive to bright and flashing lights. Always be aware of who is around you when you are using your saber, and whether they are photosensitive
5.Holding down the button for 4 flashes of the switch will enable or disable “clash”
6. Holding the button for 5 flashes of the switch LED will enable or disable “motion control” (gestures)
7. Holding the button for 6 flashes will cycle to the next soundfont
8. Holding the button for 9 seconds will put the saber into sleep mode, and you’ll hear the saber say “power off”
1. By default, swing ignition is turned on in the config. Swing the saber quickly to ignite (can be disabled in config.ini)
2. Holding the blade upwards and twisting clockwise will activate the blade (can be deactivated in config.ini)
3. Holding the blade downwards and twisting anti clockwise will cycle soundfonts
4. Holding the blade downwards and twisting clockwise will activate the blade
5. Holding the blade level and thrusting the saber forward will ignite the saber (can be disabled in config.ini)
6. Holding the blade level and suddenly pulling towards yourself and then forwards will turn the blade off.
Please note that almost all gestures can be enabled and disabled via the config.ini file in the “setting” folder on the sd card. An SD card with these files is not included in the saber kit, but any class 10 or better micro SD will work fine. Please contact us if you need the default files to get started, and ensure you include your order number in the request.
When the blade is lit, the power button operates in the following way:
1. Tap – blaster deflection
2. Hold the button for approximately 0.5 second, button LED flashes once, then release = Saber blade “tip drag effect” (must set correct blade length in the config file)
3. Hold the button for approximately 1 second, button LED flashes twice, then release to cycle blade colors. Once a desired color is reached, tap the button again to set the color
4. Holding the button for approximately 1.5 seconds powers off the blade.
5. Hold the button and clash the saber to make it “lockup” the blade. Tap again to release the lock.